Sunday, May 25, 2008

Easiest White Chili Ever

Today is the first time I've tried to make or have eaten white chili. Typically made from chicken or turkey and white beans it never seemed all that appetizing to me.

Today has changed that. I made what had to be the easiest white chili and it was also very tasty. Let me know if anyone out there tries this and enjoys it.

1 lbs. cooked chicken shredded- I used a rotisserie chicken

48 oz of white beans. I used a combo of cannelloni and navy beans- but feel free to use northern beans, all cannelloni, all navy, etc... whatever you like best

1 jar of salsa mild - I used P*ace. Again use what you like

1 small can mild green chilies

80z Mexican blend shredded cheese- I used Sar*gento's. Feel free to use all Monterrey Jack or Pepper Jack or whatever you like

1 TBS. cumin

6 small shakes Texas*Pete hot sauce

Put all ingredients in your pan. Heat through on the stove.

Everyone enjoyed this chili. I was amazed.

This is a very mild chili so if you want it with a bit more of a kick use medium or hot salsa &/or add hotter peppers.

Enjoy.

No comments: