Sunday, May 12, 2013

Already May! Wow!

Okay- today is Mother's Day and though we aren't doing anything big for the day.... In fact the Pipsqueak is going to a friend's house to play later, I thought I'd post anyway.

I received a letter from my 12 year old today that I never expected.  In essence she thanked me for all I do and knows that her bio parents are glad that I adopted her and are as proud of her as I am.  It gave me some insight into her at this point and I am forever thankful that she shared it with me.

Talk about the best Mom's Day gift ever.... A heartfelt letter from my kid.

BTW- made the best breakfast casserole in the crock pot.  Put it in last night and cooked it on low over night.  It was wonderful and I can't wait to try other variations of it.  Talk about easy and even the Pipsqueak ate some of it before putting frozen waffles in the toaster.

Yesterday was a great day too- as I discovered a wonderful Greek restaurant and a new favorite Italian place.  I can't wait to go back and get more than pita from the Greek place and know I will be craving the homemade garlic, parmesan bread sticks from the Italian place.

So I leave you with my recipe:

I cut this recipe in half so we could make it in a 3 quart crock pot.

12 eggs
1/2 cup mozzarella
2 cups cheddar cheese (though I used Mexican blend)
1/2 cup milk
1 lb Italian sausage- cooked and drained
red & yellow pepper
onion
salt, pepper, any other seasonings to taste
frozen hash browns (32oz bag)


1.  Spray crock pot with non stick cooking spray
2.  Layer 1/2 potatoes on bottom
3.  Put layer of meat & then cheese
4.  Repeat layers
5.  Mix eggs/milk/salt & pepper together and pour over the top.
6.  Cook on low 8 hours or 4 hours on high until eggs are set.

Next time- I think I'll make this more Mexican and add green chiles to the dish. 

No comments: