Sunday, September 7, 2008

School and Sickness

New school, new kids, new germs = me having my first major cold of the season. It turned into some type of sinus/allergy thing too- so this past week has been rough. I feel a bit better today and hope this week will go much better breathing wise.

I'm enjoying the new job. I have kids from grades 1-5 and am enjoying them as well. Never was sure if I'd do okay with the bigger kids- but they are a lot of fun too.

Spent part of the day at the zoo yesterday for a class for the Pipsqueak in horse care. She even made the local news for another zoo event and was thrilled to see herself on TV last night.

I can't believe it's a little over a month before she turns 8. Seems like yesterday I was celebrating her 2nd bday (1st party) a few months after she came home. She wants a 'real' party this year- so we're going to have it a week early so it can be outside.

I think some sort of 'pin the hat on the witch' or the 'mole on the troll' depending on the poster I can find, decorating small pumpkins with markers, ice cream and cupcakes and we'll be finished. Oh and gift opening of course. She won't let me forget that.

She wants a cake on her actual bday- so that will be a family party and I think will be very low-keyed and laid back.

Best get going - am going to make jalapeno poppers and then must find bread and soup for my lunches for school this week.

1 comment:

RamblingMother said...

8--OMGoodness where does the time go? Hope you catch no more germs!