Monday, December 14, 2009

When it rains it pours

Well, first, no word on the job I interview for last Monday. She seemed very impressed with me and I really thought I had a chance. She said she'd get back to me probably at the end of last week. Nothing heard yet.

Second, I got a bill for blood work at the hospital totalling almost $700.00. Luckily they were able to modify it to $260.00- the downside- I have to pay it by the end of the month. Tough, but I can do it.

Third, car insurance. 1996 piece of crap car with over 130,000 miles costs $254.00 to insure for 6 months. Oh boy! Let's get into that nest egg you managed to save last year and spend even more.

The piece de resistance though- I tried to upgrade insurance and they say they'll cover the Pipsqueak- but won't cover me. If I can't get it resolved - I need to come up with $446.00 a month to keep my current insurance.

That's a week of subbing (in the highest paying district) And since you're paid bi-monthly as a sub I'd have one check and less than half of the other to live on.

ARGH! Stop the world I want to get off!

I'm sure it could be worse- though I don't want it to be. I'd just like it to not be so damned hard all the time.

1 comment:

FosterAbba said...

I understand your frustration. Seems like when it comes to our finances, we take one step forward and two steps back.