I've just been looking at the top banned books from the 1990s-2000. The top 100 is quite the list and there are some books that I can't for the life of me even reason why they would be on the list.
The top 100 list can be found here Out of those- here are the ones I have read.
3. I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
4. The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
5. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
6. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
7. Harry Potter (Series) by J.K. Rowling***
8. Forever by Judy Blume
9. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
11. Heather Has Two Mommies by Leslea Newman
12. My Brother Sam is Dead by James Lincoln Collier and Christopher Collier
16. Goosebumps (Series) by R.L. Stine
22. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle**
26. The Stupids (Series) by Harry Allard
27. The Witches by Roald Dahl
29. Anastasia Krupnik (Series) by Lois Lowry
32. Blubber by Judy Blume
37. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
38. Julie of the Wolves by Jean Craighead George
40. What's Happening to my Body? Book for Girls: A Growing-Up Guide for Parents & Daughters by Lynda Madaras
41. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee*
43. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
46. Deenie by Judy Blume
47. Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes
51. A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein
56. James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
62. Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret by Judy Blume
68. The Face on the Milk Carton by Caroline Cooney
78. Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume
84. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
88. Where's Waldo? by Martin Hanford
89. Summer of My German Soldier by Bette Greene
90. Little Black Sambo by Helen Bannerman
96. How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell
*This book is my favourite book of all time.
** I've read the entire series of the Murray family and love them all.
***I've read all the books from JK Rowling about the Harry Potter universe and love them as well.
So to all readers out there- if I have any left.... Go read a banned book and enjoy!