Thursday, July 7, 2011

Anybody there?

Hey all or to the one person that I know still checks this blog on a regular basis, Hello.

It's been a few months since the last post, okay 4 months, but what are you going to do when things seem to spin out of control with no hope of getting off the ride?

As a friend once said "stop the world, I want to get off"

Anyway-- we are into the full summer break now and still no f/t teaching jobs coming my way. I am now researching how to become a mediator for the union. I know I'd enjoy it and think I'd be pretty good at it. Always nice to have possibilities.

The Pipsqueak is growing up so fast. I can't believe she's 10 already. She recently got her hair cut and it's such a cute bob, but boy am I going to be beating the boys away in a few years. I told her she can't date until she's 30- but she's not buying that. Ah, a mother can hope, right?

Life with my almost deaf mother is status quo. Things are better, then worse, then better. I think after we can get a lot of junk cleaned out that we no longer need, things will be better. I wish I could restore some of her hearing though... it's hard living with an almost deaf individual with no way to talk. She never learned sign growing up and now is reluctant to try and start. I think the Pipsqueak and I should learn though. You never know what life might throw at you and if we could "speak" ASL it might help encourage my mom to learn it.

I'm also loving the new show "Switched at Birth"- a guilty pleasure I guess....as an adoptive mom, it makes you really think of a lot of stuff regarding your child.

Okay- gonna head off now as I have a lot of stuff to do around here. Heading to the lake next weekend, but not this one. Thought we'd give my mom a break and let her have some alone time.

Hopefully I'll be better about updating the blog. Maybe I can find my wonderful sarcastic wit once again in my writing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can help you post at least once a week by giving a suggestion. Pick one day a week to post an E-My Name is Erica poem. J