Monday, October 8, 2007

Monday, Monday

Today is Monday. Monday is today.

Today it reached 90+ degrees. In the midwest. In October. What in the world is up with the weather? Ninety-plus degrees in the midwest in October is so wrong on so many levels I'm not sure where to start.

First, the leaves. They should be changing. Some are, most aren't. It's a bit depressing to know you should be seeing the lovely autumn hues and instead are trying to keep the air conditioner running at a decent temperature to avoid heat exhaustion.

Pumpkins. Where are all the pumpkins this year? I should be able to stop almost anywhere on a country road and buy a pumpkin. I can't find them. I refuse to spend $6.00 for a grocery store pumpkin when I am surrounded by farms on which I know pumpkins grow. I think I'll be heading to an Amish farm this week to see if I can find a pumpkin- or I'll be heading to the local pumpkin farm that supports our local schools field trips.

Fall clothing. Summer clothing. They are one in the same thus far. I'm never quite sure what to dress the Pipsqueak in for school in the morning- so I send her in layers. I'd love to be able to start wearing the fuzzy sweaters and sweatshirts. Will I ever be able to wear my favorite flannel shirt again?

I've just heard the weather report- 70 degrees tomorrow. Oh how I hope the weather folks are right.


No comments: