Monday, January 18, 2010

Enfuriating

Read this story: http://www.postchronicle.com/news/breakingnews/article_212278781.shtml

Okay, back? I am furious that this woman- who did not refuse orders- she asked for more time is being prosecuted and her poor child put into foster care. The thing she was trying to avoid.

Can you imagine her grief, anger, and anxiety at not knowing what is happening to her child?

There is no excuse for this in our country. Does the army fancy itself a communist Russia? Do what we say or suffer?

Why not give this woman more time to find appropriate child care? What commanding officer in their right mind tells a single parent to show up for duty so we can put your kid in foster care.

Yeah- I want my kid put in one of the most screwed up systems in this country. It's nuts.

I have no respect for the army. I commend the men and women who are doing their jobs in the army- but the entity itself has no cause to ask for my respect. It has not earned my respect for certain.

I can only hope that all the publicity this situation garners will help Spc. Hutchinson's case. We can all see who the enemy is here- and it's not Spc. Hutchinson.... it's the army.

No comments: