Saturday, December 22, 2007

Is She Real?

The Pipsqueak is finally starting to understand the difference between real and make believe on the TV. I've made sure to let her know that things such as cartoons, or the movie "Matilda" aren't real- but are made up. Those things really don't happen.

The other day we were watching the Rachael Ray TV show. Pipsqueak turns to me and the following conversation ensues:

P: Is Rachael Ray real?
Me: Yes.
P: No, I mean is she a real person or make believe?
Me: She's a real person.
P: Is her name really Rachael Ray?
Me: Yes.
P: She really does those things?
Me: Yep.
P: You mean she really cooks on her show and does that other neat stuff?
Me: Yes.
P: Cool.

Mind you, she's been watching 30 minute meals for a few years and has always liked watching RR. In fact, she used to stand at her play kitchen and mimic the whole "Hi. I'm RR and I make, etc...."

I thought the entire conversation the other day adorable and it was great that I was again privy to how her brain works. I love it.

3 comments:

RamblingMother said...

Very cute. So now how old is she to start figuring it all out? I can't convince Glenys that the wicked step mother is not real yet.

Beverly

Kikilia said...

Beverly,

She's now 7... but kinda started to grasp it around 5 1/2 or 6.

I just kept telling her- the stuff they do in cartoons you can't do in real life. Cartoons aren't real, etc... it was hard until she got the idea of real vs. make believe though..

Good luck!

الحريف said...

خدمات شركة تنظيف المنازل
شركة تنظيف منازل بالاحساء
مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء
شركة نقل عفش بالاحساء
شركة عزل بالاحساء
كشف تسربات المياه بالاحساء
شركة جلي بلاط بالاحساء
شركة تنسيق حدائق بالاحساء
شركة تسليك مجاري بالاحساء
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض